Hello! My name is Mariam.
I would like to thank you for choosing my Seven Summits Calendar.
With this calendar I want to take you with me on an amazing journey through 2021. A journey that crosses all seven continents of the world. Each month you will explore a remarkable moment of my adventure. The Seven Summits challenge is about climbing the highest peak of each continent. The list of summits varies slightly according to the defined continent borders. The most common list is Messner’s. Based on it, I climbed those peaks in the following order:
- Denali 6.144 meters – the highest peak in North America, located in the USA.
- Mount Elbrus 5.642 meters – the highest mountain in Europe, located in Southern Russia.
- Kilimanjaro 5.895 meters – the highest mountain in Africa.
- Vinson 4.892 meters – the highest peak in Antarctica.
- Aconcagua 6.961 meters – the highest mountain in both the Southern and Western Hemispheres, located in Argentina.
- Carstensz Pyramid 4.884 meters – also called Puncak Jaya, it is the highest mountain peak in Oceania.
It is located on the Indonesian Island of New Guinea.
Everest 8.848 meters – the Earth’s highest mountain above sea level, located in Nepal in the Himalayas.
I wish you a great Seven Summits journey in 2021!